Friday, April 4, 2014

Of Cabbages and Kings (and Nasturtiums)

It's early April...
and I should be out in the garage rooting around and getting spring inventory ready.

Nope--not yet this year.  Still chilly and I am a weenie and and it is impossible to stand in a cold garage and have any fun getting shop and show inventory ready just yet.

But I can look at paintings. We are buying and selling quite a few these days.
The top photo is nasturtiums--I just love their floppy intense color.  Nasturtiums just hang around and say "I know I am pretty and I don't have to work at it.".  The lower painting is a real popper with several purple and green cabbages.  This would be just super for a kitchen or dining room.

We sell plenty of reasonably priced, casual paintings often by untrained amateur artists.  Artwork in your home needs to make you smile when you look at--it does not have to be expensive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...