Monday, April 22, 2019

No More Concrete or Cast Iron Please

Dear One  and I spend many good hours wandering around looking for quirky things to sell.  There is nothing that makes a dealer smile more than to have a browser or a customer comment on our stock at the shop or at a show.  "You have a good eye."  What a compliment.



But no more concrete items.  No more cast iron treasures.  Dear One has spoken.

Oh-- now you are just like me I know that.  You see wonderful statuary or bird baths or sundials and say--what patina!!  What form!!  Must buy.

Nope.  No more.  Advancing years (!) ailing backs or the threat of strained muscles makes the dictate full of reason.  My head says--of course we should not buy that.  Too hard to transport.  Too awkward to lift and haul.
But my heart says, "maybe I can find someone to help us lift this into the truck...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...