Friday, August 30, 2013

Best of Summer

Dear Husbola and I are on the hunt for interesting paintings.  We are gaining an identity at the Odana Mall as the space for interesting paintings--so it keeps us on our toes to track down art that we can sell reasonably.

I love buying vintage naked lady paintings.  You will be hard pressed to get me to sell them on--I want to keep them for our bedroom and bathroom walls.  Allow me to  introduce you to three of our gals today.
These lovely pink flowers pop up every summer.  I think they are amaryllis--but I know them as "Naked Ladies".  I always thought so because they do not have fronds at this time of year--they just send up a shoot and these fabulous underside of a shell color pink.  If you know their real name--don't tell me.
This lovely woman was purchased in England.  It is a large painting of a woman either taking or handing back a gentleman's cape and top hat.  There's a story there...
This woman of a certain age is sitting on a fabulous oriental patterned rug or drape.  We found this in England at the Junkiest-Shop-Ever in a town north of London.

None of these ladies are in your face with it.  Demure and tasteful we think.  Don't expect to see any of these gals or their sisters in our shop or at a show.  They live quietly with us in the woods.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...