Saturday, August 24, 2013

"You Only Have Scraps Left"

The nice lady who sells across from us at the Elkhorn Antique Flea said that to me after last Sunday's show.  She is a great lady who sells redone furniture and has been selling at Elkhorn for 38 years.

Music to my ears.

It is about time that Dear Husbola and I had a gangbuster sale.  Elkhorn for us has been "middlin" this year, until last Sunday.

Conventional wisdom has always said that the AUgust Elkhorn is the lightest on dealers and the lightest on crowd for the whole summer season.  Yes, yes all true.  But they were buying.  Furniture, paintings, collectibles, paper, glass, all of it.

No pictures, sorry.  We started selling the minute we opened up the truck and started unloading.  Dealers around us were also reporting strong sales.

I got my Lions Club brat.  Dear Husbola got his golden maple root beer and popcorn.  I bought a cute vintage purse. 

Thanks Neighbor Lady.  We did just have scraps left.  (well--I am not sure I would have used the words scraps exactly...)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Beth! We are all encouraged by your good sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. We hope that if you are a seller that this has been a good summer for you. Past is not prologue--but we are hopeful for September sales. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...