Sunday, October 18, 2015

Industrial Stools, Freighter Ship's Wheel and a Light Up Lingerie Torso

Yesterday's auction was a humdinger.

At last there was an auction within 100 miles that had a bill of sale that contained some interesting  items.  For the first time in Way Too Long I had to leave an auction because I did not have room to put one more thing in the truck.

At first blush--the wagons were just "stuff".  Filled with plenty of yesterday's Once Were Neat Now Just Stuff kind of auction goods.   I had driven 1.5 hours to get to the auction--and was determined to comb over all the offerings and find some "rent makers" for the shop and shows.  I did way better than that.

In addition to the title items-- fabulous vintage sleds, snow shoes and architectural items found their way into the truck.   Also a full sized mannequin and 5 vintage bra mannequins.  Totally neat.  Dear One was not with me--so I was lugging and packing by myself.  A 52 inch cast iron freighter ship's wheel with a piece of the mechanism attached was the biggest challenge.

Driving home--the only place the mannequins could ride was in the passenger seat.  Yes--a jammed seat full of female body parts. 

Antique and vintage dealer is the best job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...