Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Load of Rent Makers

I would be lying if I said that selling antiques was all about only fabulous one of a kind merchandise.
Sometimes, selling vintage and antiques means selling "just old stuff."  All antiquers know what I am talking about.  You go to an auction, you bid on good things--and a whole bunch of other stuff comes with it.  An auctioneer tries to get a bid--does not and lumps a bunch of things together.  If you are at  a farm auction--you can just leave this stuff, QUIETLY under the farm wagon.

Or you can be like me and Dear One.  We bring it home.
We call that collection "rent makers."  These are items you can sell for $50 and under that supplement the less frequent sales of higher priced goods.

The normal procedure is for me to sort it on the driveway--before it gets into our storage--with a garbage can on one side of me and a Salvation Army box on the other and an inventory bin taking its designated spot.

This may look like a jumble--but that will turn into cash before the end of the month.  Come visit our space at Odana Antiques in Madison, or at Elkhorn Market at the end of the month.  Always interesting "rent makers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...