Thursday, February 6, 2014

Push The Season to Valentine's Day

If there is one word of wisdom that I have heard my mother say 10000 times--"Do Not Wish Your Life Away."  This was generally told to me if I was too eager for an upcoming event or date and just wanted time to move really fast and the special day to arrive.  I now see why my mother said that.  Precious life moves way too quickly.

I listen to this advice--with the exception of the anticipation of Valentine's Day.
I am pushing the Valentine's season.  At least as far as a little decorating goes.  I have to be focusing on late winter and early spring.
Part of the look includes some milk glass candlesticks and some bobeches with crystal dangles.  Do you know bobeches?? (bow-beh-shay) They are the french thin glass pieces that fit over tapers that catch drips.  These are terrific with some early 1900s crystal drops on them.  More from  the collection of Recently Received Grandmother Items.

This little bronze cupid sits on a plinth--complete with bow and arrow.  He lends some whimsey to the blue willow pitcher with tulips, the limoges heart box and a reclining putti figure from France.

Only thing missing is the valentine chocolate.  That will have to wait.  Don't wish your life away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...