Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Kale Pesto and a Sleeve of Crackers

Kale Kale Kale Kale---you  don't seem to read about any other super food these days.  When I am not reading antiques magazine, I am reading smart eating magazines.

You can make pesto out of anything--and I made Kale pesto.

OMGosh!!!!!!!!!

Dear Friend K came for breakfast the other morning and in hand was a huge sheaf of kale and other veg fresh from her garden.

"I will make kale pesto," said I.  (Dear Friend K might have look a bit puzzled)

Oh yummers.  Totally yummers.

Recipe to follow-
" Kale Pesto That Will Make You an Addict and Cause your Colon to Say THANK YOU"

Thoroughly wash kale leaves--you have removed the ribs and stalks.  Really wash and spin it clean.  Three big handfulls.

Put in a food processor with two cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup parmesan (don't you dare use the green can rubbish.) 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil--I used a lemon infused oil.  Or use regular olive oil and put in a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.  Several serious grind of black pepper and process on high for a minute till a thick paste forms.  Add a little more oil if you like it thinner.

I can recommend it on crackers.  On celery.  On grilled chicken.  On hard boiled eggs.
the color just screams "I AM GOOD FOR YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...