Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Girls Are Back In Town

I don't collect much.  Many of you already have read in this blog that I am culling out some things around our house-and they are finding new homes elsewhere.

Our indoor house projects are now over--it is time for "the girls" to be back in their places.  The girls are really forty or so vintage Hall China Company teapots.  And the girls are back in town.


Several years ago, the master woodworking husband of a dearest friend built wonderful shelves to ring our kitchen near the ceiling.  Matt made and installed gorgeous shelves to house my colorful and varied collection of hall teapots.  I collected these in the days before ebay--when you could readily find them in shops and at shows.  My first purchase at the Kane County fleamarket in 1983 was a piece of Hall China.  Love it.  Primary colors, clean lines, the kind of look that just makes you smile.


The Girls have been in storage since last summer.  They are now washed and sitting back in their spots.  I did cull out about five pieces of the more common ones that I did not love as much.  Hall made some great colors and then they made some more Blah colors.
Our kitchen is put back together. Cleaner-neater and freshly painted.  The Girls are happy to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...