Monday, April 1, 2013

Easiest Gooey Pecan Rolls in the World

I wish I had a picture to share.  The cardinal rule of recipes on blogs is pictures.  I have no pictures.  Just a gooey empty serving dish.

Vintage recipes are great.  Just like antiques, a recipe from yesteryear can evoke memories from times past.  This past Easter--I served two vintage recipes.  One for a ham loaf with mustard-tomato horseradish sauce and this one for The Easiest Gooey Pecan Rolls in the World.

I don't "do" yeast dough.  I have no interest in mastering it it--although I have never met a warm yeast carbohydrate I did not like to eat.  So--here is my recipe--from a 1960s magazine--I can't attribute it--but certainly would give credit where credit is due if source is located.  Best part of this recipe-you make it the night before.

Mystery Vintage Magazine Make Ahead Easy Pecan Rolls

Spray a bundt pan thoroughly with non stick spray.

In bottom of bundt pan--liberally sprinkle with pecan halves.  I use 6 ounces.  More if you like.

On top of pecans place 16 frozen dough balls.  I use Rhodes frozen white dinner roll dough balls.  They will be stacking a bit on each other.

Sprinkle straight from package over the dough balls  3/4s package dry NOT INSTANT -use COOK AND SERVE butterscotch pudding mix.  Jello makes it.  Small package.

In a sauce pan over low heat-- melt 1 stick butter and 1 cup light brown sugar.  Heat till dissolved and thoroughly mix.

Pour that warm concoction over the dough balls.

That's it.  Cover with  cloth.  Leave on your counter overnight.
(Assemble the night before.  In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degreens and bake for 30 minutes on middle rack.  Run a knife around the edges and turn over on a plate.  Gorgeous presentation and Guests will be in heaven!  Use a fork and spoon to pull apart)

Easy peesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...