Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Forcing Fosythia Meets Antique Pitcher

No more whining about winter.  Just action.

I dug out a white English ironstone pitcher.  The kind that would have had a white washbowl with it and graced every American dresser in the 1800s.

I rooted around in a junk drawer in the kitchen that contains untold treasure I am sure.  But all I was looking for was my garden pruners.  I once again put on down coat hat scarf and gloves and slogged into the back yard to the forsythia bush.  I think I felt ice pellets on my face while I cut a dozen-ish stalks with the very itsy bitsy nobs that might have been buds--but who could tell because THERE WERE ICE PELLETS HITTING MY EYEBALLS.

Fast Forward one week. 
Eureka!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...