Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Julius' Ducks


You never know what you will uncover when clearing out an estate property--sometimes the quietest finds can be the most interesting.  I uncovered a few treasures while cleaning out my aunt's flat last spring.

My great grandfather  Julius was an interesting character--a company executive, a house designer and builder, a watercolorist, a rose and dahlia grower, a decoy carver and painter and a duck hunter.  If truth be told--DUCK HUNTER would be in capital letters.

Dear Julius is going to be a subject of a feature article forthcoming in a national sportsman's magazine.  So I will not give any hints and leave the story unfolding to a nice decoy collector who is writing the article.
I sure wish I could spend an afternoon with my Great Grampa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...