Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Upcycle? Never Say Never!

I am the person that you never want to give a paint brush to.  Dear One told me early on in our marriage that my painting would be limited to the inside of closets.

Not any more!!  I have graduated!!  I am Queen of Chalk Paint!!

We purchased several "blonde" 1950s small dressers.  They are very solid and dovetailed and have great plated hardware.  And we priced them super reasonably.  But they are slow movers.  The color was --well--"meh".

So--I toddled myself to Ace Hardware and bought two colors of chalk paint.  (All right--I am VERY slow to the party.)  I removed the hardware--painted the drawers a seaside blue and the frame and top and sides a dark gray.  I sealed it with a clear coat after two coats of color.  Voila!

Guess the fate of two more similar chests that are currently in storage?  Can you say a combo of Orchid and Vintage Affliction Blue?

The closets will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...