Friday, April 29, 2016

Say it Aint's So!!

I just finished reading about changes to the vintage snack Cracker Jack.
Cracker Jack has been around since 1896.  It is a staple snack at baseball games and was an ocasional snack treat when I was growing up.  Of course the draw was the prize inside--some sort of little plastic or metal widget.  I remember the thrill of once getting a "gold" ring complete with a flashy pink stone.  Eureka!!!

I have seen the older vintage prizes go for some serious money at auctions.

I wonder over time, how many women received their engagement rings placed inside a box by a hopeful fiance??

Cracker Jack has for awhile been putting only paper prizes inside--temporary tattoos and stickers.  Really? Now it has been reported--some sort of paper with a code will be the prize and the purchaser can play a computer baseball game.  Oh wow.

Another piece of baby boomer nostalgia gone bye-bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...