Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Vaudeville Scrapbook

Continuing my cleaning out and sorting inventory phase reacquainted me with a scrapbook I bought at auction.  This scrapbook was assembled and owned by a northern Illinois vaudeville star Pearl Terry who at times was based in Aurora and Quincy Illinois.  What a story this scrapbook tells.
At various times in her life, Pearl worked with a male partner, ran a diner, operated a popcorn wagon and in her later life, performed with a very odd collection of life sized dolls that she dressed in various costumes.



The scrapbook is filled with family and professional snapshots that tell the story of a real entrepreneur whose career started in the very early 1900s.



I am not sure how this scrapbook made it to a northern Illinois farm auction-but I am glad it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...