Saturday, November 5, 2011

Winter and Spring Show Prep--Today or Never!

I hope to get some style points on my best of intentions today.

I really did intend to write my next blog post today about our recent trip to Bohemia and Moravia and the antiques scene there.  I also intended to go through my recipes and sort out some good sounding fall ones--and maybe even make one for dinner.  I further intended to list a few things on ebay under our selling name sellinglikecrazy today. (I actually may get to that later).  But instead--I have our inventory that is stored in the garage spread all over the driveway and I am sorting and labelling for our winter and early spring shows.  I really am.

This fall--we are not doing any shows--we will just be continuing to sell in our two antique center spaces in Madison and Walworth Wisconsin.  We will continue to attend auctions and a few estate sales to start collecting good inventory for selling in 2012.  But until I organize what we have in the garage--nothing more will fit in it--and  will not be able to find anything when we start doing shows in February.

This is one of those projects that frustrates me.  In a perfect world--everything would be in nicely sorted bins--and all with neat labels--that would make packing for a shop or show so easy.  Time to go to Odana in Madison?  Here is this lovely labeled covered bin--load 'er up and off we go.  Without going into detail about my pathetic current organizing--let's just say that is not how it is currently done.

But things are now going to be different.  I do not want to be wrestling around in the garage in late January trying to find things for our shows.  I am putting things in labeled bins and finding all sorts of neat stuff that I forgot we had.  French stuff English stuff and decorative stuff --who knew?

So instead of taking a day trip to the Delafield Antique show this weekend--I am staying home and being a responsible Lady Antique Dealer today.  I will thank myself come January!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elkhorn Antique Market August 11, 2019

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon--to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry ...